Happy Wooden’s (Odin’s) Day.
With the holidays over, time to get back to the normal pursuit of self-improvement. As I look back I find Yuletide a really enjoyable holiday time both from a personal and family perspective. I am also glad it is over because much of what I am trying to pursue requires routine and consistency and it is very difficult to be consistent during the holidays.
Right now from a Business point of view i need to polish up my resume and start sending it out to prospective employers. Graduation should have opened up some opportunities for me. I have my internship to do and maybe three other online classes so I can maintain full-time status but for the most part its time to put my education to work finding a better job. One that I both can enjoy and is more beneficial to me.
My motivation right now is to improve my life situation not just for me but for my wife as well the ministry left us both broke and without much in the way of insurance or a financial future. Time to change that. Time to get back to the plan and re-focus on my goals and routines.
“Self Reliance is the spirit of independence, which is achieved not only for the individual, but also for the family, clan, tribe and nation.”
Principle: Work to be self-reliant in all things.
Things can be shaky at times for us. We kind of skate a very delicate financial situation. But that said, we feed. cloth and house ourselves. Our vehicles still run. We both have jobs. This is basic self-reliance but I seek for ti to be a more sure thing and more stable.
“Industriousness is the willingness to work hard, always striving for efficiency, as a joyous activity in itself”
Principle: Work with enjoyment of work itself.
The time has come for a job search again. School is going to start again with internship and some classes that should be good resume padding. I enjoy this time right now and it is exciting but terrifying in other ways. I just want to find a place in this world where i can enjoy my life and work again.
“Hospitality is the willingness to share what one has with one’s fellows, especially when they are far from home.”
Principle: Be ready to be hospitable to those who truly need it.
Getting there. I am ready to help in what ways I can. I just don’t bankrupt myself to do it anymore. That’s why I want more prosperity for myself, so I actually have more to give.
- Communication / Cuddle Time
- Reading / Study – Half-hour per day minimum or until all necessary work is completed.
- Empty In Box
- Financial Transaction Input
- Carb Count – currently four a day.
I moved writing form a daily routine item to a weekly routine item. Mostly this allows me to tailor four days a week where I can set aside some time to write outside the blog. Probably days off from work and other days where I know I will have time.
- Be transparent with my wife to improve communication
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship.
- Find a new, better paying job by the end of January 2019 or before.
- In 2019 have a clear budget and financial plan working by the end of the year.
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- Keep gym membership going somewhere and lift weights minimum of four times per week and walk minimum four times per week through end of 2019
- Follow Paleo Diet completely and use intermittent fasting until the end of 2019
- Cross one thing off bucket list every six months (Deadlines July 1st, and December 31st of 2019)
- Be in the best shape I can be by March 18th, 2019 (50th birthday), take pictures.
Time to work on some of these mostly #2 and especially #3. Number #6 is also on my mind but things are financially tight to joining a gym right now might be a luxury I can’t afford. Finding a better paying job will have greater implications than just more money but more opportunity.
Goals achieved since Summer 2018: 1
- Basic Emergency Fund – $1000
- Debt Snowball
- Fully funded Emergency fund
- Invest 15% of income into retirement
- Pay off Home Early
- Build Wealth and Give
I think the real reason we are following this is because both of us can agree to it. It will work we just need to up the income side of things.
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.