Happy Sif’s Day.
I didn’t change much as far as virtues here except when it came to fidelity. I have come to see that blind fidelity, much like blind faith, is not very useful and can, in fact, be damaging. In any case, as I looked through all these Principles, I saw no need for changes.
My main concern is loyalty to myself these days. I find that as I look back at it, it was blind loyalty to the faith, friends, and lovers that hurt me the most in the end. It is perhaps simple my desire to see loyalty as clearly as possible. It is reciprocal, or it isn’t worth a damn. To give the gist of loyalty and receive it, in the same way, is the key I now understand.
“Discipline is the willingness to be hard on oneself first and then if needed help with the development with others, so that greater purposes may be achieved.”
Principle: Apply discipline to every aspect of life that it can be applied.
Goal: To be following a full Paleo Diet by March 31, 2020.
Bucket List: Do a rebellious act on April 30th, 2020 – Beltane.
Still solid as a principle.
“Perseverance is the ability to stand up and return from defeat and failure”
Principle: Keep getting up after every defeat or failure.
Goal: To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020
Bucket List: To get at least one tattoo by March 18th, 2020.
Yep, good here too.
“Fidelity is the will to be loyal to one’s moral philosophy, to one’s family, one’s friends, and most important to one’s self, and loyalty to one’s friends is valued as highly as loyalty to one’s family.”
Principle: Be loyal to those who have been loyal to me.
Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation (achieved)
Bucket List: Discover all the countries of origin from my genetics and visit them all by March 18th, 2029.
Even though I changed the Virtue quite a bit, I see no need to change the principle as it is short and reflects the central truth of the virtue. If you want loyalty from me, be loyal in return. Not hard people.
Higher Virtue – Wisdom:
The wisest thing I have done is work on being more loyal to myself. It has been long in coming and quite frankly I have less stress.
Rest Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Blogging – Organize, revise, write a new post for the next day, 15 min. work on fiction.
- Cleaning – varies but one room of the apartment at least.
- Reading – 1/7th of a book
- Writing – 3000 Words
Goals and Bucket List Items Achieved (Since Summer 2018):
Goals Achieved: 5
- Graduated College with a BS in Political Science and minors in Economics and International Business – December 2018
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019
- Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation – June 2019
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind.
Bucket List Items Achieved: 0
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.