Happy (Sol’s) Sif’s Day.
It has been a rough week from the standpoint of being tired and quite frankly experiencing cabin fever and that is compounded by the COVID-19 lockdown in my state. I have struggled to write but as March 2020 comes to close I need to focus on my goals for my next year.
So I would say I would call my Self area mostly a success. – Exercise program, check. 30th anniversary with the wife, check. Nutritionally I was hit and miss but the results were good in that I lost fat and kept the muscles good It wasn’t fully Paleo but it worked. 2-0-1 then. Final tally: 6-2-1. A winning record and to be honest I would have had one more win but tattoo places are shut down and that was my best hope for crossing off a bucket list item went with that. That’s why my bucket list item under that will be double to two items for next year.
“Discipline is the willingness to be hard on oneself first and then if needed help with the development with others, so that greater purposes may be achieved.”
Principle: Apply discipline to every aspect of life that it can be applied.
Goal: To be following a full Paleo Diet by March 31, 2020. (half achieved)
Bucket List: Do a rebellious act on April 30th, 2020 – Beltane.
New Goal: To develop and follow a results-focused nutritional plan that results in fat loss, muscle gain or maintenance, and a lower A1c.
This is one area where I need a lifestyle focus rather than just a specific diet and one that worked regardless of what form it takes.
“Perseverance is the ability to stand up and return from defeat and failure”
Principle: Keep getting up after every defeat or failure.
To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 20 20 (Goal Achieved)
Bucket List: To get at least one tattoo by March 18th, 2020.
New Goal: To engage in morning stretching every day, to follow a practical strength-building program nad to walk 5k three times a week baring weather.
“Fidelity is the will to be loyal to one’s moral philosophy, to one’s family, one’s friends, and most important to one’s self, and loyalty to one’s friends is valued as highly as loyalty to one’s family.”
Principle: Be loyal to those who have been loyal to me.
Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation (achieved)
Bucket List: Discover all the countries of origin from my genetics and visit them all by March 18th, 2029.
New Goal: To research my family tree to the point I can create a final copy to present to my family.
Higher Virtue – Wisdom:
There is part of my life where the stress is very real because I am trying to find a way forward that is wise and best for me. It’s not easy and that causes me to be more fatigued on top of everything else.
Rest Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Reading – 1/7th of a book
- Blogging – Organize, revise, post for the next day. Write a new post for two days out.
- Cleaning – varies but one room of the apartment at least.
- Writing – 1000 Words
Goals and Bucket List Items Achieved (Since Summer 2018):
Goals Achieved: 7
- Graduated College with a BS in Political Science and minors in Economics and International Business – December 2018
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019
- Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation – June 2019
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind.
- Find a new, better paying job by March 2020.
- To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020
Bucket List Items Achieved: 0
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.