Happy Sif’s Day!
From a Discipline standpoint, this wasn’t a great week. I am about to shift my life for the next couple of months, but mostly it is a sickness that has kept me from having a lot of energy. Between the end of the school year and this illness, I have been tired and lacking in focus.
That said excuses are not something that sits well with me. So I am looking at using the summer to make adjustments and move forward in a different way. So my summer plans have a lot to do with gaining knowledge, getting back in shape, and getting more consistent with my habits. So with that in mind, I am heading to Michigan for a couple months.
- Time to get some walking and hiking on the trials. Part of getting back in shape and getting some fresh air away from the city.
- I have teacher training to finish to be fully certified and for professional development.
- I and the gym need to get reacquainted – more getting in shape.
- Summer Reading List
- Camping out – getting back to minimalism and living in a tent for the summer should get me a little different perspective. Hopefully, this will carry over into other things.
- I am going to think about teaching but in the broadest terms about class management mostly but also an overall approach to the curriculum.
- I am looking at my Atheist activism with more of an overall approach and hoping this will give me some better ideas.
Time to sail home for a bit and regroup. Then come back for another year of pillaging Houston.
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.