Happy Sif’s Day.
My self goals will be mostly hits. My nutritional goal was successful in results but nature was not right all the time. I have been training faithfully and I went out with the wife on our anniversary.
Next Year needs to be more about raising the bar in all these things.
“Discipline is the willingness to be hard on oneself first and then if needed help with the development with others, so that greater purposes may be achieved.”
Principle: Apply discipline to every aspect of life that it can be applied.
Goal: To be following a full Paleo Diet by March 31, 2020.
Bucket List: Do a rebellious act
I am thinking this goal next year needs to be about nutrition but with the goal not of a specific diet but results. I am thinking of some sort of way of measuring fat percentage.
“Perseverance is the ability to stand up and return from defeat and failure”
Principle: Keep getting up after every defeat or failure.
Goal: To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020
Bucket List: To get at least one tattoo by March 18th, 2020.
I need to up the ante but also get more days where I truly rest. I am finding recovery is longer and less effective as I get older so the efficiency of workouts means more than volume.
“Fidelity is the will to be loyal to one’s moral philosophy, to one’s family, one’s friends, and most important to one’s self, and loyalty to one’s friends is valued as highly as loyalty to one’s family.”
Principle: Be loyal to those who have been loyal to me.
Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation (achieved)
Bucket List: Discover all the countries of origin from my genetics and visit them all by March 18th, 2029.
I want something to do with the whole fam family this time but not sure what.
Higher Virtue – Wisdom:
Wisdom is self-motivated for me. Ultimately the only one who takes care of me is me.
Rest Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Reading – 1/7th of a book
- Blogging – Organize, revise, post for the next day. Write a new post for two days out.
- Cleaning – varies but one room of the apartment at least.
- Writing – 1000 Words
Goals and Bucket List Items Achieved (Since Summer 2018):
Goals Achieved: 6
- Graduated College with a BS in Political Science and minors in Economics and International Business – December 2018
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019
- Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation – June 2019
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind.
- Find a new, better paying job by March 2020.
Bucket List Items Achieved: 0
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.