Happy Sif’s Day.
I believe in active rest that is on purpose. Training and Nutrition, for instance, need a chance to do what they are going to do to our bodies and rest is what accomplishes that. In life, it is important to deliberately rest and not make it about just being lazy. Although being lazy can be a good thing from time to time, as a lifestyle it accomplishes little.
This is why my rest day has some things that are active. I read and write and still do my morning routine. I also clean for a bit as the sense of putting things in order gives me some peace and a sense of purpose.
“Discipline is the willingness to be hard on oneself first and then if needed help with the development with others, so that greater purposes may be achieved.”
Principle: Apply discipline to every aspect of life that it can be applied.
Goal: To be following a full Paleo Diet by March 31, 2020.
Bucket List: Do a rebellious act on April 30th, 2020 – Beltane.
I have never accomplished a consistent progress without discipline and routine. To me, this is not boring but the means to get the moments I want. It can be quite exciting when
“Perseverance is the ability to stand up and return from defeat and failure”
Principle: Keep getting up after every defeat or failure.
Goal: To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020
Bucket List: To get at least one tattoo by March 18th, 2020.
Part of a routine is not getting flustered when you fail. You just get up the next day and try again.
“Fidelity is the will to be loyal to one’s moral philosophy, to one’s family, one’s friends, and most important to one’s self, and loyalty to one’s friends is valued as highly as loyalty to one’s family.”
Principle: Be loyal to those who have been loyal to me.
Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation (achieved)
Bucket List: Discover all the countries of origin from my genetics and visit them all by March 18th, 2029.
Loyalty factors into a routine in that the design is about being loyal to many things consistently. Most notably myself.
Higher Virtue – Wisdom:
Routine is wise.
Rest Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Blogging – Organize, revise, write a new post for the next day, 15 min. work on fiction.
- Cleaning – varies but one room of the apartment at least.
- Reading – 1/7th of a book
- Writing – 3000 Words
This has been a quick post because I have been struggling with my issue this last week but I know the cure will be found in my routine.
Goals and Bucket List Items Achieved (Since Summer 2018):
Goals Achieved: 5
- Graduated College with a BS in Political Science and minors in Economics and International Business – December 2018
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019
- Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation – June 2019
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind.
Bucket List Items Achieved: 0
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.