Happy Sif’s Day.
Finishing out this week on my virtues and using the analogy of them being shields. My self virtues are mostly focused on self-improvement and strengthening. These are the strong shields that guard that which is closest to me. Discipline, Perseverance, and Fidelity are shields to my life and heart.
My only concern is that I learn to be wise in all things. This wisdom is found in the process of disciplining myself, continuing to learn from my own mistakes and staying faithful to my moral philosophy and my relationships.
“Discipline is the willingness to be hard on oneself first and then if needed help with the development with others, so that greater purposes may be achieved.”
Principle: Apply discipline to every aspect of life that it can be applied.
Goal: To be following a full Paleo Diet by March 31, 2020.
Bucket List: Do a rebellious act on April 30th, 2020 – Beltane.
I need to do the harder things and challenge myself more. No greater purpose can be achieved through contentment.
“Perseverance is the ability to stand up and return from defeat and failure”
Principle: Keep getting up after every defeat or failure.
Goal: To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020
Bucket List: To get at least one tattoo by March 18th, 2020.
My main commitment is not to just get up from failure but to also to learn from them as well. I am learning that this leads to no falling and failing so much in the first place.
“Fidelity is the will to be loyal to one’s moral philosophy, to one’s family, one’s friends, and most important to one’s self, and loyalty to one’s friends is valued as highly as loyalty to one’s family.”
Principle: Be loyal to those who have been loyal to me.
Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation (achieved)
Bucket List: Discover all the countries of origin from my genetics and visit them all by March 18th, 2029.
I am trying to place myself and my more philosophy more central in all this because it allows me to think in terms of myself which is something I have to work on more and more. I am far too naturally sacrificing and that needst one monitored better.
Higher Virtue – Wisdom:
As I look to the future, finding a wise path is more and more important.
Rest Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Reading – 1/7th of a book
- Blogging – Organize, revise, post for the next day. Write a new post for two days out.
- Cleaning – varies but one room of the apartment at least.
- Writing – 1000 Words
Goals and Bucket List Items Achieved (Since Summer 2018):
Goals Achieved: 6
- Graduated College with a BS in Political Science and minors in Economics and International Business – December 2018
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019
- Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation – June 2019
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind.
- Find a new, better paying job by March 2020.
Bucket List Items Achieved: 0
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.