Happy Sif’s Day.
In considering the future of my self virtue goals, the issue is one of refinement. At the same time, I need to engage something specific that is measurable as a goal. I have to put something in front of myself in order to motivate not only further action but also actions that get better results than before.
Starting next week the process of creating and refining goals begins with a consideration of virtues once more.
“Discipline is the willingness to be hard on oneself first and then if needed help with the development with others, so that greater purposes may be achieved.”
Principle: Apply discipline to every aspect of life that it can be applied.
Goal: To be following a full Paleo Diet by March 31, 2020.
Bucket List: Do a rebellious act on April 30th, 2020 – Beltane.
Virtue good, Principle good. Goal – nutritional but focused more on results than a specific form. The bucket list item is still there, the only thing that might change is the date.
“Perseverance is the ability to stand up and return from defeat and failure”
Principle: Keep getting up after every defeat or failure.
Goal: To engage in an exercise program that involves weightlifting, hiking/walking, and stretching/ yoga an average of three days a week from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020
Bucket List: To get at least one tattoo by March 18th, 2020.
Virtue good. Principle good. The goal may very well be something like leaning out to a certain body fat level but perhaps that is better in the area of self-discipline. If this is about training then what am I training for? My bucket list item will probably be the same but with maybe two tattoos instead of one.
“Fidelity is the will to be loyal to one’s moral philosophy, to one’s family, one’s friends, and most important to one’s self, and loyalty to one’s friends is valued as highly as loyalty to one’s family.”
Principle: Be loyal to those who have been loyal to me.
Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation (achieved)
Bucket List: Discover all the countries of origin from my genetics and visit them all by March 18th, 2029.
Virtue good. Principle good. Doing something for my kids in the goal. Getting closer to the DNA results.
Higher Virtue – Wisdom:
I am trying to use my failure to generate success and that is the best I have for wisdom this week. Regroup, rearm, hit it again.
Rest Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Reading – 1/7th of a book
- Blogging – Organize, revise, post for the next day. Write a new post for two days out.
- Cleaning – varies but one room of the apartment at least.
- Writing – 1000 Words
Goals and Bucket List Items Achieved (Since Summer 2018):
Goals Achieved: 6
- Graduated College with a BS in Political Science and minors in Economics and International Business – December 2018
- Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019
- Celebrate my wife and I’s 30th anniversary (June 10th, 2019) with a mini-vacation – June 2019
- Maintain a daily blog streak of one post per day for an entire year (365 days).
- By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind.
- Find a new, better paying job by March 2020.
Bucket List Items Achieved: 0
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.