Happy Thor’s Day!
Probably the simplest way to look at this routine is to take it step by step and review what changes I am making. But first, the point I need to make is that routine if properly done leads to having more time to live the life you want to live. If it does not then it is not doing what it is supposed to do. Routine needs to strive for efficiency to the point of being a time-saver, not a time-waster. With that in mind, let’s review:
- Morning Routine – No changes as this is simply a parker that the morning routine gets done.
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time – This happens at some point in the day but it is a priority which is why it falls second on the list.
- Blogging – Organize, revise, write a new post for the next day, templates – sound, just need to do it more.
- Weightlifting: Gym time – 1 hour after work. – I need to actually use the full hour at some point. Probably new years I need to start walking with the goal of getting ready for better weather to hike more.
- Writing: 1000 words/day. – Need better discipline here.
- Reading – 1/7 of a book a day. Ditto.
- Personal Business: record financial transactions, savings plan actions, budgeting, appointments, job search, other actions, etc. – Discipline
- Check Communications and Email after 2 pm but before 4 pm – Discipline
I eliminated the daily carb count as starting in January, the struggle will be to be fully paleo with probably three cheat meals a week. This really the only change other than filling my hour of time working out.
“Self-Reliance is the spirit of independence, which is achieved when each person is their own master and no one else’s’ .”
Principle: To walk in the spirit of independence by being my own master and no one else’s
Goal: Find a new, better paying job by March 2020.
Bucket List: To be a published author of at least five books by March 2029
My workday routine has a lot of writing and reading that is focused on my getting books published but also a business side of life is present for me personally which is also needed.
“Industriousness is the willingness to work hard, always striving for efficiency, as a joyous activity in itself”
Principle: Work with the enjoyment of work itself.
Finalize last requirements for my degree – Internship by May 2019 – May 2019 (achieved)
Bucket List: Write A Novel and Get it Published by March 2022.
Ditto to above in Self Reliance only focused on a novel.
“Hospitality is the willingness to share what one has with one’s fellows, especially when they are far from home.”
Principle: To share out of my abundance to help people where I can with their life’s journey.
By March 31st of 2020, to be the leader/participant in a group of some kind. (Goal Achieved
Bucket List: To own my own home by March 2024.
The routine on a workday is about creating prosperity and preparing myself to be better.
Higher Virtue – Justice:
I need to look at both my routines for the day as being fair with myself. Being hard on myself through discipline os life is easier when it is just me living it. This is the goal of the Work Day Routine so that the Rest Day Routine is truly about Rest for the most part. Justice is about keeping the scales balanced and the routine of life when properly done keeps that balance.
Work Day Routine:
- Morning Routine
- Wife: Communication / Cuddle Time
- Blogging – Organize, revise, write a new post for the next day, templates
- Weightlifting: Gym time – 1 hour after work.
- Writing: 1000 words/day.
- Reading – 1/7 of a book a day
- Personal Business: record financial transactions, savings plan actions, budgeting, appointments, job search, other actions, etc.
- Check Communications and Email after 2 pm but before 4 pm.
One change and a call for more discipline. I don’t think the routine is the problem. It’s me.
The Rabyd Skald – Wandering Soul, Bard, and Philosopher. The Grey Wayfarer.